Knitting Pattern Creation

Finally finished my hand towel. I haven't been putting much time into knitting lately as I've been more worried about working out and to be honest a lot lazier after working out. But I think it turned out fairly well. I liked it enough to start a second one. I haven't decided yet if I should make it to hang over the oven handle like the last one or to just make a square hand towel that could be used in the kitchen or in the bathroom. For the second one I made up my own pattern and I'm skipping over Christmas since I was hoping to give this as a gift. I am going straight to Valentine's day. I came up with a pattern that varied between rows of 4 and 3 hearts across the whole towel. I have the first two rows done. Making a pattern is fairly easy.

What you need:
  • An Idea
  • Graph Pattern
  • Pencil

I wouldn't say making a pattern for clothing or something you've never made is easy. I am adding different designs to things I've already made or adding designs to a square/rectangular pattern. With the graph pattern, think of each little square as a stitch. Draw in what type of pattern you'd like to see. For me I wanted hearts. I shaded in boxes and moved them around until I got the look I liked. Then I started knitting. Super easy in that sense, but it does take a bit of time to plan the layout of the design. I also had a little bit of trouble remember when to knit and when to purl when I wasn't reading anything. I wrote it out as I went though so next time it should be easier.

Hopefully I'll get to work on it a bit more tonight, but right now it's off to do day 9 of BodyRock Challenge, then I need to finish week 4 of my class on coursera and finish cooking squash for tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow I'll clean (that's what I keep telling myself anyway).

Hope you can see the hearts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifty Crafter: Natural Egg Dyes

Removing Lipstick Stain After Drying Clothes

Simple Slow Cooker Broccoli Rice Casserole