Novum – Pays off Painlessly

I've come to realize that there are only so many ways to make extra money while holding down a full-time job. I don't always know what time I'll get off work which pretty much rules out getting a second part-time job. I have a few friends that do this and I don't know how they have the energy to keep up with it. I feel dead by the end of most days and couldn't imagine losing another 3 hours of sleep most nights. I used to donate plasma, but the last time I went in they suddenly decided my veins were now too small. So I started looking into participating in a study.  There a lots quite a few different companies that run medical studies around the country. We have two located in my area- Novum and Axis. Axis hadn't yet opened when I was looking which left me with Novum.

From what I've seen so far they do a ton of dermatology tests, meaning no blood draws. Not that blood draws are the worst thing in the world, but I wouldn't pick to do them if I didn't need to. The study I'm about to finish was a patch study. They put two patches on your arm for a little over a month. All I had to do was go in to be re-patched every three days. While it itches every once in a while it's not very noticeable. Also they have times starting quite early in the morning so I can go in before work and not be late. It was about an hour each time I went it, but it will end up being around $30/hr after taxes (pre-tax = over $40/hr). The last couple visits were really short. I can't speak for everyone, but I thought that kind of money just for having something taped on me for a month is pretty darn good. I believe most places only allow you to complete one study a month. Since I just finished the current study, I'll take a couple weeks off before looking for another. In the meantime, I'll enjoy sleeping a tiny bit later and taking my check to bank!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifty Crafter: Natural Egg Dyes

Removing Lipstick Stain After Drying Clothes

Simple Slow Cooker Broccoli Rice Casserole