March New Year's Goals Check In



It's that time of the month... time to check in on goals you know? :) Have you been sticking with it or have your goals fallen by the wayside? Here's where we at Thriftism stand:
  1. Take 6 Courses Online (1 of 6)
    1. Teach English: Foundational Principals (Completed FEB 2016)
    2. Teach English: Theories of Second Language Acquisition (In Progress Week 5 of 6)
    3. Teach English: Lesson Design & Assessment (In Progress Week 3 of 6)
  2. Install Kitchen Backsplash and Cabinet Pulls
    1. We have the backsplash... No more progress here.
  3. Construct Captains Bedframe 
    1. The main frame is constructed. Now we just have to assemble, add the facing, and make the drawers. I'd say about 25% done.
  4. Read 12 Books
    1. Down by the River - Robyn Carr (75% Complete)
    2. No other books, but lots of magazines... Does that count?
  5. Visit London
    1. Planning is in progress. I am making a to do spreadsheet, but only have one of the counties down. Hopefully by this time next year I will have at least one guidebook out on the area if not a few!
  6. Paint Office
    1. I have paint for the office, but haven't cleaned out the room yet.
  7. Workout 4 Days/Week
    1. The first two weeks I worked out 6 times a week. The last week I only worked out twice I think. I am hoping to get back on track this week, though one of Jillian Michaels' videos kicked my butt last night leaving me to take tonight off.
  8. Save $10,000
    1. We kicked it in to high gear with this one and were able to save around $4,000. We might adjust this goal to save 50% of our income this year (mostly to pay for the trip).
  9. Lose 10 Pounds
    1. Not going so hot here. I'm down almost a pound but can't seem to breakthrough that floor resistance. Will keep trying to be more active and get enough sleep.
  10. Knit/Crochet 10 Projects
    1. Soap Saver, Will be creating a DIY post of this in the coming weeks!
    2. Owl Bib, Pattern taken from Lions Brand Yarn website
    3. Beginning a New Baby Present!!! My sister is law is due in a few weeks so I better hurry up :)
  11. Publish Blog Posts Twice a Week
    1. Sorry for the lack of content. We did not publish as many posts as we had hoped, but we will keep working to put out more info for you all. The last week we've been having technical problems with cameras deleting video... I know I know no excuses. We will hopefully re-tape soon and get more posted!
  12. Learn How to Can Vegetables
    1. We now have both a pressure cooker and a canning system (boiling type). We will look at canning after we get some fresh garden veggies. Who is ready for summer? I AM! Be sure to revisit our starting your garden post or stay tuned for a video (fingers crossed) in about two weeks.  
How are your goals coming along? What are you doing to stay motivated?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifty Crafter: Natural Egg Dyes

Removing Lipstick Stain After Drying Clothes

Simple Slow Cooker Broccoli Rice Casserole